The STA has begun providing training by means of periodic webinars, which are free to STA members. Members should watch their email for further information and webinar invitations as they are scheduled. Slides from past webinars can be accessed in the Members Only section of the STA website, under Presentations. These webinars are an important benefit of STA membership as organizations can have their employees receive information in one hour segments, without incurring the expense of having the employees travel to a class offsite. Not yet a member of the STA? Click here to view other benefits or access an application:
Here are some of the topics that have been covered.
- 12/13: Guide to FATCA Withholding
- 02/14: What Transfer Agents Need to Know About Crowdfunding
- 03/14: Cost Basis Basics Explained
- 05/14: Cost Basis Basics Explained Part II
- 9/14: How to Complete SEC Form TA-2
- 9/14: FATCA Presentation
- 12/14: Unclaimed Property Issues
- 2/15: SEC Correspondence and Recordkeeping Requirements
- 3/15: Things Overlooked That Could Lead to Regulatory Violations
- 4/15: T+2 Impact: A Presentation from the STA Quarterly Meeting
- 5/15: Uniform Unclaimed Property Law Revision
- 6/15: Update on Revisions to Uniform Unclaimed Property Act
The STA will continue to provide these instructive webinars on topics of interest and encourages members for suggestions.
In addition, the STA has contact information for a few consultants who will come to your place of business and do on-site training on topics useful to registered transfer agents. Contact Carol Gaffney, firstname.lastname@example.org or Cynthia Jones, email@example.com if interested.